cooperation with Do-FOSS?

Hello,

we have received the following request, which I'd like to put to public discussion:

==
Dear Document Foundation,

we are Do-FOSS, the initiative for the use of Free and Open Source Software (FOSS) by the City of Dortmund [1]. Unfortunately, there is no English version of our webpage but we do have an English landing page [2]. In case you are more deeply interessed in our activities you could use the service of your choice to get an automatic translation (Google Translate <https://translate.google.de/translate?hl=&sl=de&tl=en&u=do-foss.de> does a good job from our point of view).

Our goal at Do-FOSS is pretty much explained by our name so I am going to leave it to that at this point As a means to reach our goal we take civil action and bring organisations together who can provide knowledge and partnership for the migration of our city administration from proprietary to free software.

So far Do-FOSS as an intiaitve integrated into various already existing organisations. These are
- Free Software Foundation Europe [3]
- ver.di (a nationwide acting German union to which we have mostly local contact but also federal) [4]
- digitalcourage (a nationwide German initiative for citizen privacy) [5]
- OSBA (Open Source Business Alliance) [6]

These organisation are listed altogether here[7].

We would be thrilled if we could expand our effort of providing a knowledge and partnership to the city council of Dortmund by adding the Document Foundation. For example the experience the city of Munich has made through the LiMux-Project could contribute to our aim very valuably.

I'll be happy to get in touch with you in case I left something unexplored.

If you should decide to go along with our request we would need from you: A logo of the Document Foundation we may use and a description of the Document Foundation in about the short length of the other introductions of the organisations listed so far. An emphasis on Open Standards would be nice of course.

Best regards
For Do-FOSS

Christian Naehle

[1] http://do-foss.de

[2] http://blog.do-foss.de/en

[3] https://fsfe.org

[4] https://www.verdi.de

[5] https://digitalcourage.de

[6] http://www.osb-alliance.de

[7] http://blog.do-foss.de/do-foss/kooperationen

Florian

Florian Effenberger wrote:

We would be thrilled if we could expand our effort of providing a
knowledge and partnership to the city council of Dortmund by adding
the Document Foundation. For example the experience the city of
Munich has made through the LiMux-Project could contribute to our
aim very valuably.

Hi Florian, all,

this looks rather supportable to me. While I don't think TDF's main
purpose is lobbying, we're certainly well-placed to share best
practices, and help as a go-between Do-FOSS and our ecosystem.

So +1 from me.

Cheers,

-- Thorsten

Hi,

this looks rather supportable to me.

Same here. Do-FOSS does quite some good noise about OSS including us, which is
well appreciated.

Best,

Bjoern

Hi,

Florian Effenberger wrote:

We would be thrilled if we could expand our effort of providing a
knowledge and partnership to the city council of Dortmund by adding
the Document Foundation. For example the experience the city of
Munich has made through the LiMux-Project could contribute to our
aim very valuably.

Hi Florian, all,

this looks rather supportable to me. While I don't think TDF's main
purpose is lobbying, we're certainly well-placed to share best
practices, and help as a go-between Do-FOSS and our ecosystem.

So +1 from me.

+1 for me too.

Regards,
Andreas

Hi,

Florian Effenberger wrote:
> We would be thrilled if we could expand our effort of providing a
> knowledge and partnership to the city council of Dortmund by adding
> the Document Foundation. For example the experience the city of
> Munich has made through the LiMux-Project could contribute to our
> aim very valuably.

Hi Florian, all,

this looks rather supportable to me. While I don't think TDF's main
purpose is lobbying, we're certainly well-placed to share best
practices, and help as a go-between Do-FOSS and our ecosystem.

So +1 from me.

Yes, from me too.

  Eike

  • 1 from my side.

Best,

We would be thrilled if we could expand our effort of providing a
knowledge and partnership to the city council of Dortmund by adding
the Document Foundation. For example the experience the city of
Munich has made through the LiMux-Project could contribute to our
aim very valuably.

Hi Florian, all,

this looks rather supportable to me. While I don't think TDF's main
purpose is lobbying, we're certainly well-placed to share best
practices, and help as a go-between Do-FOSS and our ecosystem.

So +1 from me.

Yes, from me too.

  Eike

Of course +1 from me.

Best,
Joel

Hello,

The Board of Directors at the time of voting consists of 7 seat holders without deputies. In order to be quorate, the vote needs to have 1/2 of the Board of Directors members, which gives 4.

A total of 5 Board of Directors members have participated in the vote. The vote is quorate.

A quorum could be reached with a simple majority of 3 votes.

Result of vote: 5 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals.
Decision: The request has been accepted.

This message is to be archived by the BoD and its deputies.

Florian