next BoD call on Wednesday

Hello,

as per unanimous BoD decision from the last call, we meet every two weeks via phone. Therefore, the next call of the Board of Directors takes place

  this Wednesday, March 7th, 1600 UTC

via phone. The dial-in details are available at http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/TDF/BoD_Meetings#Dial-in_Details

The agenda is available at http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/TDF/BoD_Meetings#Agenda_for_the_call_on_7th_March and I ask all BoD members to add their items in time.

In case you cannot attend the call, please name your BoD explicitly (i.e. by name, not as "one of the deputies jumps in") in time.

Thanks,
Florian

Gosh; I assume it is the next person in the election rank that takes
over as deputy when I'm out - which may well happen to me this Wednesday
(depends when I get back from Cambridge), if that's not so - I'd like to
nominate whomever that person was (I forget) :wink:

  Thanks,

    Michael.

Hi,

  Gosh; I assume it is the next person in the election rank that takes
over as deputy when I'm out - which may well happen to me this Wednesday
(depends when I get back from Cambridge), if that's not so - I'd like to
nominate whomever that person was (I forget):wink:

IMHO, as per the statutes, you need to explicitly nominate someone to be your deputy. Sorry for nitpicking here, but trying to make things correctly. :slight_smile:

I propose you just ping all of the deputies via private mail, and when someone has time, reply to this public message here, nominating him to step in for you on Wednesday.

Florian

IMHO, as per the statutes, you need to explicitly nominate someone to be
your deputy. Sorry for nitpicking here, but trying to make things
correctly. :slight_smile:

  Gosh; why didn't we make that automatic, that's a pain.

I propose you just ping all of the deputies via private mail, and when
someone has time, reply to this public message here, nominating him to
step in for you on Wednesday.

  If I'm not there I'd like Bjoern to be my stand-in :slight_smile:

  All the best,

    Michael.

Hi,

  Gosh; why didn't we make that automatic, that's a pain.

a legal workaround might be to simply give a "warrant" to all three deputies, and just one of them takes it. Need to investigate whether that works, but I think so. Legally, you have to name them individually, saying "one deputy" without any name might not be enough.

We'll all learn the formalities, I guess. :slight_smile:

Florian

At the very least, one could, once and for all, until revoked, make a
'standing deputy list statement' for the record.
like

The internet, <date>

In case I cannot attend a meeting:
I designate X to be my deputy
if X is not available or already represent someone else, I designate Y
if Y is not available or already represent someone else, I designate Z

This list is valid until the end of my term, or until I revoke it.

<signed>

Norbert

actually one _should_ , since missing a call is not always a planned event :slight_smile:

Norbert

Hi,

At the very least, one could, once and for all, until revoked, make a
'standing deputy list statement' for the record.
like

yep, that's what I had in mind. :slight_smile:

Florian