Market Share

Hello All,

does anyone have a reliable source for the actual Office Suite Maket Share?

Basically I need to know how is LibreOffice/OpenOffice, GoogleDocs and
MSOffice.

Anyone?

Cheers!

Jaime

Hello All,

does anyone have a reliable source for the actual Office Suite Maket Share?

Basically I need to know how is LibreOffice/OpenOffice, GoogleDocs and
MSOffice.

Anyone?

Cheers!

Jaime

Unfortunately not. Last data I have seen from IDC was in 2009, but it
looks like the data have disappeared since then. Maybe, someone is not
willing to share them with the world.

Hi Jaime,

does anyone have a reliable source for the actual Office Suite Maket Share?

  Not really a question for the board list :slight_smile:

Basically I need to know how is LibreOffice/OpenOffice, GoogleDocs and
MSOffice.

  Back in 2010 this study was done:

http://www.webmasterpro.de/portal/news/2010/02/05/international-openoffice-market-shares.html

  Presumably the market has changed a fair bit since then, and I'd expect
the results to work only for Windows.

  Of course, you need to read the stats at the bottom, caveats about
expired MS Office test versions etc.

  Last I saw numbers for Google Docs it was in the 40m user range, by
contrast in 2000 Wordperfect's user-base was estimated at 35m users or
so.

  HTH,

    Michael.

Hi Jaime,

> does anyone have a reliable source for the actual Office Suite Maket
Share?

        Not really a question for the board list :slight_smile:

> Basically I need to know how is LibreOffice/OpenOffice, GoogleDocs and
> MSOffice.

        Back in 2010 this study was done:

http://www.webmasterpro.de/portal/news/2010/02/05/international-openoffice-market-shares.html

       Presumably the market has changed a fair bit since then, and I'd
expect
the results to work only for Windows.

       Of course, you need to read the stats at the bottom, caveats about
expired MS Office test versions etc.

       Last I saw numbers for Google Docs it was in the 40m user range, by
contrast in 2000 Wordperfect's user-base was estimated at 35m users or
so.

What is generally more interesting is trends. I should think Google Docs
and OOo/LO usage is increasing. But question is at what rate?