[steering-discuss] Approval of our Trademark Policy

Christoph,

Darn, i only have my phone with me today and this weekend, Florian and/or
the admin team can help you out...

Sorry,
Charles.

Hi Charles, hi all!

- changes requested by Christoph: I added one sentence about the > english

version being the off...
Okay, I had a look (or two) on the pages ...

TRADEMARK POLICY

Fortunately, there seems to be sufficient protection, since I was unable
to edit the Trademark Policy wiki page. Thus, I've edited the content on
my user page that should be (if the changes are perceived as
improvements) copied to the real page. Charles, could you take care of
that, please?

http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/User:ChristophNoack/Temporary_Work_Space#The_Document_Foundation_Trademark_Policy

Changes:
     * Overall: Added some headings to improve the structure of the
       text and to ensure proper TOC creation by the wiki (although
       some changes might appear awkward)
     * Section "Related Information": Added this section (referring to
       Logo Policy, Branding Guidelines) and linked from within the
       text to this section.
     * Section "The Trademarks": Added list of the trademarks to ease
       the understandability --> By the way, the information is
       duplicated in "Purpose"; is that helpful?
     * Overall: Converted the text-only mail address into a "clickable"
       mail address
     * Overall: Changed "hard" formatting to a style that better fits
       to the wiki

LOGO POLICY

I've overhauled the logo policy, although the naming of some items seems
still to be strange (I'd like to have some shorter names like: TDF Logo,
Community Logo - or something like that).

http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Logo_Policy
Major Changes:
     * Moved the content to a table
     * Changed the point-of-view from "we" to "TDF", and
       "they/external" to "other" --> Rationale: Most of the people
       will be part of the community, so it would be strange to tell
       them being "external". The "we" for TDF seemed a bit too
       self-centered ... although it is correct from our
       point-of-view :slight_smile:
     * Added "Usage Examples" --> Are these descriptions okay, are more
       important ones missing? I think these examples have great value
       in describing when to use, when to avoid the TDF subline logo.
     * Overall: Improved description of legal mailing list (now:
       "non-public")
     * Overall: Changed "hard" formatting to a style that better fits
       to the wiki

Since there have been major changes, could you please thoroughly check
whether the text still fits to your thoughts and our goals?

Thanks a lot!

Cheers, Christoph -- Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to
steering-discuss+help@documentfoundatio...

Hi Charles,

argh, sorry ... of course you said that you won't be fully available
during the end of the week.

Cheers,
Christoph

Hi,

Darn, i only have my phone with me today and this weekend, Florian and/or
the admin team can help you out...

hm, what's the exact problem? Christoph cannot edit the TM policy, or I shall protect it?

Darn, i only have my phone with me today and this weekend, Florian and/or
the admin team can help you out...

ah, nevermind, I found it out. Christoph, you can now edit the TM policy page (I'm rather busy today, so I would be happy if someone could do this).

Thanks,
Florian