[steering-discuss] irc

I think we should split the current LibreOffice channel. The current one will be used for user support, and a new channel LO-dev or something of that sort would be for strict development work only. What do you guys think?

see #documentfoundation on FreeNode

best,

is that the dev channel for LO? or that a general document foundation channel for the Lo project and any other projects that fall under the document foundation ?

right now it's more or less the dev channel...

Jonathan, let's take this somewhere else , it's the SC list. :slight_smile:

thanks,

Responding to organic growth of the LibreOffice community seems a good idea.
(Re)combination of some groups might also be necessary later as we find what
needs to be kept separate and what doesn't. I think being responsive to groups
needs is important.

A split like this seems a good idea. Perhaps the existing one can be used as
triage and advanced technical answers. The users group should be able to send
questions to the most relevant of the 2 devs groups but with most (probably)
going to the existing list imo.

Regards from
Tom :slight_smile:

As a Kubuntu user they have 2 separate channels it helps to facilitate focusing on development discussion bug fixing etc with out the distraction of having to provide support as well.

Definitely, 1 for support, 1 for development!