Re: [steering-discuss] Community bylaws

Hi, :-)

On Wed, Nov 24, 2010 at 00:52, Charles-H. Schulz
<charles.schulz@documentfoundation.org> wrote:
> yup. But after Michael's points, I also think we might clarify and
> simplify all this a great deal. In a nutshell
>
> 1) the ESC does not get to vote, it's not elected, and it's a technical
> body. The AB can propose candidate(s), but cannot vote.
> 2) BoD appoints the CH, by vote or by consensus. People can nominate
> themselves and send their nomination to the BoD no later  than 2 months
> before the election date. The AB can also nominate one or several
> candidates and sends the name(s) to the BoD no later than 2 months
> before the election.
>
> That way, it's easier and faster. Any thoughts?
>
> Best,
> Charles.

Yes, I get the idea. If it's alright with you guys, I'll figure out
how to draft that in, and will give a heads-up when I've done so (over
the next 24 hours, because I'm slave to a client for the coming
hours). Is that OK?

Also, I have an idea about a couple of legal experts I could contact
and, if they're willing, invite them to jump in on this thread and
maybe help arrive at some really bullet-proof bye-laws... should I do
that?

David Nelson