Re: [steering-discuss] Community bylaws

Hi there,

On Mon, 2010-11-22 at 21:03 +0800, David Nelson wrote:
> It seems that there are still some big ambiguities that would need to
> be resolved:

Well detected :-)

> "The Chairperson is elected by a special electoral college comprised
> of the BoD, the AB and and the ESC (however, ESC members who are also
> members of the BoD can only cast one single vote in this election,

Oh - wow, what is the ESC doing in that mix. I would prefer that the
board simply elect the chairman, who is just a member of the board that
has some special meeting management role :-)

Hopefully that de-complicates the whole process; then again I havn't
read the proposal in full recently.

I believe there is a -huge- danger of over-engineering any constitution
- particularly when you get engineers near it :-) and ending up with
some huge joke like the OO.o governance - where obscure rules seemed to
breed in dark corners :-)

HTH,

Michael.
--