Re: [steering-discuss] Community bylaws

Cor Nouws schrieb:
Charles-H. Schulz wrote (14-11-10 13:49)

I have a question about the Board of Directors. I see that the draft
says all members are chosen every year (from the Community Members)
and that one can be member only twice consecutively.
Has been considered that this leads to a situation where each year
people have to get used to the tasks, the other board members etc. so
that maybe it is a bit inefficient?

Well, that is a good question. My personal take was at first for a 2
years mandate. Then some others thought that 6 months would be good. I
sliced the apple into two :)

I have seen many council and board tables, but never met rules with less
then three years for membership.
Of course nowadays all and everything (and especially we) is much
faster, but IMO two years is the bare minimum to prevent spoiling lots
of time on learning each other and the work so often, and to reach some
continuity and stability.

In line with this, I would propose split elections: Appr. 50% of the
seats each year.
+1

Bernhard