Re: [steering-discuss] Community bylaws

On Fri, 2010-11-19 at 12:13 +0000, Michael Meeks wrote:
> This is how GNOME works; thus far the 'release team' has not gone bad,
> and plenty of people have come and gone through the team.
>
> > Good suggestions, though I'd like a fixed number of ESC members too.
>
> On the contrary; I would like it flexible; so if RedFlag
> joins, or IBM
> joins, we can immediately offer them permanant representation (eg.)
> rather than having to pick who to kick off ;-) or waiting for another
> election cycle.
>
> Meritocracy is great, but a quiet, relational process works
> rather well
> too IMHO, and having a small group of people who can actually decide
> things and work together effectively is really useful.

Hi,

May I ask here then, the term 'release team' is used above and this is a
question that has been on my mind for a few days.

I suppose this is a question specifically for Michael, but not
exclusively so.

The ESC, do you see this as a very active group, for instance working as
the release team, meeting often and looking at individual issues?

Thanks much,

Drew