Re: [steering-discuss] By-Laws / BOD elections

Hi Varun,

On Fri, 2010-11-19 at 11:08 +0800, Varun Mittal wrote:
> I didn't mean sponsors will have more seats. I meant sponsors should have
> some representation on board. There would be elections for rest of the seats
> with a predefined procedure.

I'm against that. If a sponsor is investing lots of money - they will
attract good developers, who will get well-known in the community, and
people will vote for them so they get onto the board.

> Why do you expect a sponsor to pour several million $

I do not :-) If they want to pour millions of $ in - they should do
that by employing people (or contractors) to develop the features, UI's,
L10ns, Marketing or whatever -they- need. That way - they can ensure the
money is spent on exactly what they want - without needing to fight some
corporate battle over a bigger pot of money :-)

Of course, they should pay a nominal membership of several $10k's to
the foundation to support central infrastructure, that goes without
saying.

HTH,

Michael.

--