[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [steering-discuss] Community bylaws
- Subject: Re: [steering-discuss] Community bylaws
- From: Cor Nouws <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 15:58:34 +0100
- To: email@example.com
Charles-H. Schulz wrote (14-11-10 13:49)
I have a question about the Board of Directors. I see that the draft
says all members are chosen every year (from the Community Members)
and that one can be member only twice consecutively.
Has been considered that this leads to a situation where each year
people have to get used to the tasks, the other board members etc. so
that maybe it is a bit inefficient?
Well, that is a good question. My personal take was at first for a 2
years mandate. Then some others thought that 6 months would be good. I
sliced the apple into two :)
I have seen many council and board tables, but never met rules with less then three years for membership.
Of course nowadays all and everything (and especially we) is much faster, but IMO two years is the bare minimum to prevent spoiling lots of time on learning each other and the work so often, and to reach some continuity and stability.
In line with this, I would propose split elections: Appr. 50% of the seats each year.
- giving openoffice.org its foundation :: The Document Foundation -
E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org for instructions on how to unsubscribe
List archives are available at http://www.documentfoundation.org/lists/steering-discuss/
All messages you send to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
|Re: [steering-discuss] Community bylaws||Bernhard Dippold <email@example.com>|
|[steering-discuss] Community bylaws||"Charles-H. Schulz" <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|Re: [steering-discuss] Community bylaws||Cor Nouws <email@example.com>|
|Re: [steering-discuss] Community bylaws||"Charles-H. Schulz" <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [steering-discuss] next SC call on Saturday
- Next by Date: Re: [steering-discuss] Community bylaws
- Previous by thread: Re: [steering-discuss] Community bylaws
- Next by thread: Re: [steering-discuss] Community bylaws