Re: [steering-discuss] By-Laws / BOD elections

Charles-H. Schulz schrieb:
> Hello Varun
>

> Le Wed, 17 Nov 2010 06:08:01 +0800,
> Varun Mittal <varunmittal87@gmail.com> a écrit :
>

>> Hi All,
>>
>> Maybe we can have a JCP like system wherein all members vote.
>>
>> We can also give the sponsors a particular number of seats ( non-veto
>> powers) to the sponsors who have supported it .
>>
>> I propose not exactly a JCP like system but we can look at a modified
>> version of JCP voting system
>>
>> What do you guys feel ?
>>

> I am very much against your proposal that sponsors could have more
> seats or something similar. One Member = One Vote. Clear and Simple.

+1
> OTOH, I am not familiar with the JCP voting process.
> But if I may suggest: perhaps that level of details does not need to be
> mentioned in the bylaws? Keep in mind that everything we put there will
> automatically be difficult to change.

The difficulty of changing the voting procedure is a point to mention it
in the by-laws.

It shows from the beginning a distinct procedure of voting (whatever it
looks like). This gives a reliability to each member/sponsor etc. that
the voting-process isn't changeable that easy. Nobody must fear, that
for the next election her/his vote doesn't count any more because a
minority/small majority thinks to have found a better way of election.

just 0,02 €
Karl-Heinz