Re: [steering-discuss] Community bylaws

Hi,

sorry for stepping in late.

2010/11/13 Cor Nouws <oolst@nouenoff.nl>:
> Thanks for this draft. Looks really really good!

+1 !

> I have a question about the Board of Directors. I see that the draft says
> all members are chosen every year (from the Community Members) and that one
> can be member only twice consecutively.
> Has been considered that this leads to a situation where each year people
> have to get used to the tasks, the other board members etc. so that maybe it
> is a bit inefficient?

In this point I'm with Cor.
The duties of the BOD as written in
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/CommunityBylaws#Board_of_Directors
are of high importance for the development of the whole project and
therefore long-term-orientated. They will be the premium contact for
other projects, authorities, commercial contributors etc.
I would recommend to drop the re-election limit in favor for a
continous work of the BOD.

Thx for considering

Volker

--
++ Volker Merschmann - ODF-Software Contributor