[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
RE : [steering-discuss] THD governance, project organization and membership - update needed
- Subject: RE : [steering-discuss] THD governance, project organization and membership - update needed
- From: "Charles-H. Schulz" <email@example.com>
- Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2010 13:37:21 +0100
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
These things take time. You are surely awre we posted a call for comments on
our bylaws and membership draft on this list yesterday? I trust you also
received our test PR of this week?
We're moving along nicely i think and are very much active . But setting up
a Foundation and a community while ensuring development processes while most
of us contribute on a voluntary basis does not happen overnight. It indeed
been one month and a half and we already made tremendous progress, such as
gathering 90 developers, but we are just as eager as you to move forward.
Le 13 nov. 2010, 1:15 PM, "David Nelson" <email@example.com> a écrit :
Hello TDF founders and SC, :-)
I'm writing to you as a community member and end user of LibO.
TDF announced its founding on September 28, 2010. It is now November
13, and I must admit that I'm rather worried about the lack of visible
progress that has been made in organization.
I'm unaware of what's happening behind the scenes, but the Foundation
still seems to be in limbo. As a result, the organization of work in
various areas is suffering or even simply not possible.
Fortunately, the code developers are continuing their work, and are
making great progress. I'd like to say big thanks to Caolán McNamara
and all the devs for that.
But, seen from the outside, and from the viewpoint of someone who
wants to contribute work to LibO, the Foundation *appears* to be
floundering around like a headless chicken.
IMVHO, a great deal of the initial momentum and goodwill of which the
Foundation could have taken advantage is wasting away.
Recently, there has been very little communication from you. I think
this post I'm writing is actually the first on the steering committee
1) Could you please give us an update about the situation?
2) When will appointments be made to key roles in the organization chart?
3) What have you decided about TDF membership rules?
I'm sorry to be saying this, but the lack of visible governance by TDF
is having repercussions right down the line...
E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org<steering-discuss%2Bhelp@documentfoundation.org>for
instructions on how to unsubscribe
List archives are available at
All messages you send to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be
E-mail to email@example.com for instructions on how to unsubscribe
List archives are available at http://www.documentfoundation.org/lists/steering-discuss/
All messages you send to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
- Prev by Date: [steering-discuss] THD governance, project organization and membership - update needed
- Next by Date: RE : [steering-discuss] Re: [steering-discuss] Community bylaws
- Previous by thread: [steering-discuss] THD governance, project organization and membership - update needed
- Next by thread: RE : [steering-discuss] Re: [steering-discuss] Community bylaws