[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[steering-discuss] THD governance, project organization and membership - update needed
- Subject: [steering-discuss] THD governance, project organization and membership - update needed
- From: David Nelson <email@example.com>
- Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2010 20:14:21 +0800
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hello TDF founders and SC, :-)
I'm writing to you as a community member and end user of LibO.
TDF announced its founding on September 28, 2010. It is now November
13, and I must admit that I'm rather worried about the lack of visible
progress that has been made in organization.
I'm unaware of what's happening behind the scenes, but the Foundation
still seems to be in limbo. As a result, the organization of work in
various areas is suffering or even simply not possible.
Fortunately, the code developers are continuing their work, and are
making great progress. I'd like to say big thanks to Caolán McNamara
and all the devs for that.
But, seen from the outside, and from the viewpoint of someone who
wants to contribute work to LibO, the Foundation *appears* to be
floundering around like a headless chicken.
IMVHO, a great deal of the initial momentum and goodwill of which the
Foundation could have taken advantage is wasting away.
Recently, there has been very little communication from you. I think
this post I'm writing is actually the first on the steering committee
1) Could you please give us an update about the situation?
2) When will appointments be made to key roles in the organization chart?
3) What have you decided about TDF membership rules?
I'm sorry to be saying this, but the lack of visible governance by TDF
is having repercussions right down the line...
E-mail to email@example.com for instructions on how to unsubscribe
List archives are available at http://www.documentfoundation.org/lists/steering-discuss/
All messages you send to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
|Re: [steering-discuss] THD governance, project organization and membership - update needed||Christoph Noack <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|Re: [steering-discuss] THD governance, project organization and membership - update needed||Sophie Gautier <email@example.com>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [steering-discuss] yesterday's recording online
- Next by Date: RE : [steering-discuss] THD governance, project organization and membership - update needed
- Previous by thread: [steering-discuss] poll on next confcall
- Next by thread: Re: [steering-discuss] THD governance, project organization and membership - update needed