Re: [steering-discuss] Chinese mailing lists

On Thu, 2010-11-04 at 14:58 +0100, Florian Effenberger wrote:
> Hello,
>
> anyone has insight on how that is usually handled? I am aware of the two
> Chinese character types, but don't know how that works in practical
> terms. :-)

Simplified and Traditional scripts. Where the major territory using the
traditional script is Taiwan (though other places use it too) and the
major Simplified is Mainland China.

Personally I suggest "zh-Hans" and "zh-Hant" are the best mailing list/
website names to use to distinguish between Simplex and Traditional
rather than zh-CN and zh-TW and side-step the "Taiwan is a temporary
breakaway province" blah-blah. *shrug*, I'm no expert however

C.