[steering-discuss] Support for OOXML

Hi Charles and all.

What do you say to the below wordings? (fast translated from Danish - so
don't mind the Danglish).

Please have in mind that it's very important for me that what I write now is
not later "overruled" in e.g., a press release or such.

Cheers,
Leif

Question 2:

*Which of the standards (mentioned by name, version number and Amendment)
are supported by the application?*

Answer:

The file format for text documents, spreadsheets and presentations in
LibreOffice is OASIS ODF 1.2, Committee Draft 06, with a few extensions.
These expansions are part of the ongoing work in the constantly progress in
standardization and the extensions will be considered and approved by OASIS
and subsequently submitted to ISO for ratification.

LibreOffice can read and write ODF 1.0 and 1.1 documents.

LibreOffice partially supports ISO / IEC 29500.

Question 3:

*This implementation is in full compliance with that standard or has been
only partial implementation.*

Answer:

Implementation of the support for ODF is, in our belief in complete
accordance with the specifications mentioned above.

Support for ISO / IEC 29500 is carried out in a way with focus on those
parts who ahve actually been implemented by others (Microsoft Office). Some
details of the specification has never been implemented in Microsoft Office and
other details has been implemented incorrectly. In LibreOffice, we have
chosen to implement the format of Microsoft Office because we consider
Microsoft
Office as the reference implementation.

Support for Microsoft Office 2007 formats is merely designed two meet customer
needs in order to read and edit existing documents in t format – e.g.,
whenexchang
ing documents with others. It has never been an explicit goal to support an
academic standard, and we can therefore not guarantee an implementation that
is completely in accordance to the specifications.

LibreOffice intend - when possible - to support the approved standards in
full, including ISO / IEC 29500.