[steering-discuss] Support for OOXML

Hi all,

I am about to answer to a letter from the Danish "Expert committee for open
standards" settled by the Danish Government.

I have been talking to Thorsten Behrens regarding the technical details. Now
I would like to discuss how I am going to express this in my answer. My
answer must be the truth and I can't risk to say one thing and then
something else is expressed in e.g., a press release later.

The question:
Which of the standards (by name and version number and amendment) are
supported in the application?

The technical answer I got from Thorsten:
1. ISO/IEC 29500:2008:OOXML Amendment 1 – LibreOffice is a conforming base
consumer according to ISO/IEC 29500-1:2008 §2.6, and a conforming producer
and consumer according to ISO/IEC 29500-4:2008 §2.2

My question is: Do we publicly and officially support ISO/IEC
29500:2008:OOXML?

Of cause if we do - then we do. But from a political point of view I would
rather write something about how we have not been able to support it
(several reason e.g., its a moving target, faulty and inconsistant etc.) but
we do what we can to support the file format implemented by MS Office 2007:
.docx.

Please - what do you think?

Cheers,
Leif Lodahl