[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[steering-discuss] Support for OOXML
- Subject: [steering-discuss] Support for OOXML
- From: Leif Lodahl <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2010 12:49:16 +0100
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
I am about to answer to a letter from the Danish "Expert committee for open
standards" settled by the Danish Government.
I have been talking to Thorsten Behrens regarding the technical details. Now
I would like to discuss how I am going to express this in my answer. My
answer must be the truth and I can't risk to say one thing and then
something else is expressed in e.g., a press release later.
Which of the standards (by name and version number and amendment) are
supported in the application?
The technical answer I got from Thorsten:
1. ISO/IEC 29500:2008:OOXML Amendment 1 – LibreOffice is a conforming base
consumer according to ISO/IEC 29500-1:2008 §2.6, and a conforming producer
and consumer according to ISO/IEC 29500-4:2008 §2.2
My question is: Do we publicly and officially support ISO/IEC
Of cause if we do - then we do. But from a political point of view I would
rather write something about how we have not been able to support it
(several reason e.g., its a moving target, faulty and inconsistant etc.) but
we do what we can to support the file format implemented by MS Office 2007:
Please - what do you think?
E-mail to email@example.com for instructions on how to unsubscribe
List archives are available at http://www.documentfoundation.org/lists/steering-discuss/
All messages you send to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
|Re: [steering-discuss] Support for OOXML||"Charles-H. Schulz" <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
- Prev by Date: [steering-discuss] FOSDEM DevRoom Call for Papers
- Next by Date: [steering-discuss] tomorrow's call is public
- Previous by thread: [steering-discuss] FOSDEM DevRoom Call for Papers
- Next by thread: Re: [steering-discuss] Support for OOXML