[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[steering-discuss] Version numbering of LibO
- Subject: [steering-discuss] Version numbering of LibO
- From: Sebastian Spaeth <Sebastian@SSpaeth.de>
- Date: Mon, 01 Nov 2010 16:36:43 +0100
- To: email@example.com
Dear all, all discussions seem to hint at that the first stable release
of LibreOffice is going to be a 3.3.0 release. I would like to have you
consider a different version for the following reasons:
- LO 3.3.0 suggests it is equivalent to OOo 3.3.0 (which it is not, we
have different bugs :-)). Seriously. LO 3.3.0 suggests 100%
interoperability with OOo which we can't guarantee.
- It is the first release of LO, but we consider it stable and useful,
so 1.0 would make most sense to me. That shouts "USE ME", but at the
same time does not convey "I am an OOo ripoff with a different brand
by some people with too big egos."
I'd love if you could briefly think about that in the next SC
meeting. I'll be happy about any decision, but it should be discussed
(and communicated) publicly.
E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org for instructions on how to unsubscribe
List archives are available at http://www.documentfoundation.org/lists/steering-discuss/
All messages you send to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
|Re: [steering-discuss] Version numbering of LibO||Florian Effenberger <email@example.com>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [steering-discuss] LibO registration page gone?
- Next by Date: Re: [steering-discuss] Version numbering of LibO
- Previous by thread: [steering-discuss] LibO registration page gone?
- Next by thread: Re: [steering-discuss] Version numbering of LibO