[steering-discuss] Version numbering of LibO

Dear all, all discussions seem to hint at that the first stable release
of LibreOffice is going to be a 3.3.0 release. I would like to have you
consider a different version for the following reasons:

- LO 3.3.0 suggests it is equivalent to OOo 3.3.0 (which it is not, we
have different bugs :-)). Seriously. LO 3.3.0 suggests 100%
interoperability with OOo which we can't guarantee.

- It is the first release of LO, but we consider it stable and useful,
so 1.0 would make most sense to me. That shouts "USE ME", but at the
same time does not convey "I am an OOo ripoff with a different brand
by some people with too big egos."

I'd love if you could briefly think about that in the next SC
meeting. I'll be happy about any decision, but it should be discussed
(and communicated) publicly.

Thanks, Sebastian