[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [steering-discuss] LibO registration page gone?
- Subject: Re: [steering-discuss] LibO registration page gone?
- From: Olivier Hallot <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2010 15:31:26 -0200
- To: email@example.com
Em 29-10-2010 10:56, Michael Meeks escreveu:
* Cons of registration page
+ It makes OO.o look like some shareware / marketing-ware thing
+ It clutters our startup, with extra confusing clicks
+ It has some annoying "annoy me again later" option you have
to carefully avoid.
+ There are real privacy, data collection and storage issues
around the data that is entered
+ LibreOffice currently has no infrastructure to register and
store that data at all, never mind in a compliant way
+ Very many people will simply ignore it, thus giving us only a
subset of users, and presumably those who care little for
+ Ubuntu had a -massive- flamewar before removing a somewhat
more defensible dialog about something very similar, and
currently do not ship with this dialog cf.:
+ some corporate or Gov users/customers HATE this, as they are touchy on data privacy, newtork traffic, proxy setting, user assistance, help desk costs to explain why, bla bla bla....
In big corporations / Gov, 100.000 small individual annoyances is a huge annoyance.
The Document Foundation
E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org for instructions on how to unsubscribe
List archives are available at http://www.documentfoundation.org/lists/steering-discuss/
All messages you send to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
|[steering-discuss] LibO registration page gone?||Michael Meeks <email@example.com>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [steering-discuss] LibO registration page gone?
- Next by Date: [steering-discuss] Version numbering of LibO
- Previous by thread: Re: [steering-discuss] LibO registration page gone?
- Next by thread: [steering-discuss] Version numbering of LibO