Agenda for TDF board meeting on Monday, November 14th, 1800 Berlin time (UTC+1)

Dear Community,

find below the agenda for our

TDF board meeting with a public part, and followed by a private part
on Monday, November 14 at 1800 Berlin time at
https://jitsi.documentfoundation.org/TDFBoard

For time zone conversion, see e.g.
https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converted.html?p1=37&p2=49&p3=107&iso=20221114T18

## AGENDA:

### Public Part

1. Answering questions from the community (tdf-board, 5 mins)
      Rationale: Provide an opportunity for the community to ask
      questions to the board and about TDF

2. Status Report, Discuss: Merged developer proposal (tdf-board, kendy,
Paolo Vecchi, 5 mins)
      * update on merged proposal
      * further discussions, if needed
      * otherwise, re-evaluate our approach.

3. Status Report: Strategy planning (Cor Nouws, 5 mins)
      * status update and next steps
      * based on the Milano strategy workshop
      * materials: https://nextcloud.documentfoundation.org/f/1129829

4. Vote, Discuss: Move board-discuss to Discourse (Florian Effenberger,
Thorsten Behrens, 5 mins)
      * discuss remaining question
      * decide on moving ahead or not
      * materials:
        * test instance
https://communitytest.documentfoundation.org/c/board-discuss/194
        * import options and shortcomings, see
https://redmine.documentfoundation.org/issues/3567#note-15 to #note-19.

5. Status Report, Discuss: Atticization of Online (tdf-board, 10 mins)
      * ESC provided evaluation
      * discussed briefly on the dev list:

https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/libreoffice/2022-October/089485.html
      * conclusion seems to be: not enough activity to keep out of the
        attic for the moment
      * continue discussion from last board call

6. Status Report: Status of CoI investigation against Paolo (tdf-board, 5 mins)
      * update on progress & next steps

### Private Part

7. Vote, Status Report: HR item #1 (Florian Effenberger, 5 mins)
      Reason for privacy: HR, tax and legal topics.

8. Status Report: HR item #2 (Florian Effenberger, Stephan Ficht, 5 mins)
      Reason for privacy: HR, tax and legal topics.

9. Discuss: Legal working group setup (tdf-board, 30 mins)
      Reason for privacy: HR, tax and legal topics.

10. Discuss: Last minute item(s) (tdf-board, 5 mins)
       Rationale: if there is time left, and anything is popping up after
       sending the agenda

Hi directors, hi all,

(...)

## AGENDA:

### Public Part
(...)

2. Status Report, Discuss: Merged developer proposal (tdf-board, kendy,
Paolo Vecchi, 5 mins)
     * update on merged proposal
     * further discussions, if needed
     * otherwise, re-evaluate our approach.

if I remember correctly this work item has been started at the beginning
of February this year, more than nine month ago.

I'd like to ask if there were progress to reach a final version and vote
on this item during the meeting.

But if there is not yet (after nine month of work) a final proposal that
could be voted on, what is missing to get to this state.

If there is no final proposal yet I think it is of interest for the
whole community how to proceed with this item. I'd like to read a
detailed plan on this then.

Regards,
Andreas

Hi Andreas, all,

Andreas Mantke wrote:

I'd like to ask if there were progress to reach a final version and vote
on this item during the meeting.

The minutes for the Monday meeting have just been posted, there was no
vote.

But if there is not yet (after nine month of work) a final proposal that
could be voted on, what is missing to get to this state.

What is still missing, is a proposal that gets a majority behind
it. With Kendy's resignation, that work just got dealt a massive
set-back.

If there is no final proposal yet I think it is of interest for the
whole community how to proceed with this item. I'd like to read a
detailed plan on this then.

I agree, it's important to get this done. My impression is, there's
unanimous agreement that we want to hire devs.

Cheers,

-- Thorsten

Hi Thorsten, hi all,

Hi Andreas, all,

Andreas Mantke wrote:

I'd like to ask if there were progress to reach a final version and vote
on this item during the meeting.

The minutes for the Monday meeting have just been posted, there was no
vote.

I already saw and read through them.

But if there is not yet (after nine month of work) a final proposal that
could be voted on, what is missing to get to this state.

What is still missing, is a proposal that gets a majority behind
it. With Kendy's resignation, that work just got dealt a massive
set-back.

I don't see a set-back. The comments and agreements from him are still
there. Why is there a need to throw away the whole resources which have
been invested into the current proposal and start from scratch again.

It looks as if there is no will from a majority of board members to work
constructively on the document with Paolo.

If there is no final proposal yet I think it is of interest for the
whole community how to proceed with this item. I'd like to read a
detailed plan on this then.

I agree, it's important to get this done. My impression is, there's
unanimous agreement that we want to hire devs.

If I read through the minutes (after more than nine month of working on
the proposal) I'm not convinced about such an unanimous agreement.

If the majority of the board acts in this way further, TDF inhouse
developers will not be hired during its tenure of office.

Regards,
Andreas

Hi all,