Agenda for TDF board meeting on Monday, October 17th at 1800 Berlin time (UTC+2)

Dear Community,

find below the agenda for our

TDF board meeting with a public part, and followed by a private part
on Monday, October 17 at 1800 Berlin time at
https://jitsi.documentfoundation.org/TDFBoard

For time zone conversion, see e.g.
https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converted.html?p1=37&p2=49&p3=107&iso=20221017T18

## AGENDA:

### Public Part

1. Answering questions from the community (tdf-board, 5 mins)
   Rationale: Provide an opportunity for the community to ask
   questions to the board and about TDF

2. Discuss: Progress Strategy - using LibOCon discussion result and
   combining with Survey results (Cor Nouws, 15 mins)

   * status report & next steps
   * important to talk about how to organize this in a smart way

3. Status Report, Discuss: LibreOffice in the app stores
   (Florian Effenberger, 5 mins)

   Status report and various ongoing discussions
   * current status & timeline
   * revenues from last month
   * upgrade cycles - how many updates will users get?

4. Vote, Discuss: Move board-discuss to Discourse (Florian
   Effenberger, Thorsten Behrens, 5 mins)

   * discuss remaining question
   * decide on moving ahead or not

### Private Part

5. Status Report: HR topic #1 (Florian Effenberger 5 mins)
   Reason for privacy: HR, tax and legal topics.

6. Status Report: HR topic #2 (Florian Effenberger, Gabor
   Kelemen, 5 mins)
   Reason for privacy: HR, tax and legal topics.

7. Status Report: Reporting from the oversight groups (Thorsten
   Behrens, tdf-board, 5 mins)
   Reason for privacy: HR, tax and legal topics.

8. Status Report: Status of prelim CoI investigation (Thorsten
   Behrens, tdf-board, 5 mins)

   Reason for privacy: legal topics

9. Discuss: Last minute item(s) (tdf-board, 5 mins)
   Rationale: if there is time left, and anything is popping up after
   sending the agenda

Cheers, Thorsten

Hi all,

8. Status Report: Status of prelim CoI investigation (Thorsten
    Behrens, tdf-board, 5 mins)

    Reason for privacy: legal topics

the above item is the CoI investigation against myself for which both the accusations and the defence have been made public.

It is my right to have the public being informed about the progress of this investigation and to demonstrate that TDF's board is willing to be open and transparent even about these issues.

There is no reason for it to be discussed in private as, even after repeated requests, no new elements surfaced and there are anyway no sensitive legal topics attached to the item.

Ciao

Paolo

Hi all,

Dear Community,

find below the agenda for our

TDF board meeting with a public part, and followed by a private part
on Monday, October 17 at 1800 Berlin time at
https://jitsi.documentfoundation.org/TDFBoard

For time zone conversion, see e.g.
https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converted.html?p1=37&p2=49&p3=107&iso=20221017T18

## AGENDA:
(...)

### Private Part

(...)

8. Status Report: Status of prelim CoI investigation (Thorsten
    Behrens, tdf-board, 5 mins)

    Reason for privacy: legal topics

if the person concerned (like in this case) has no issue to discuss the
topic in public there shouldn't be any reason to handle this in private.
It is his right to ask for discussing his matter in public and the board
has to accept this application.

Putting a legal sticker on a topic is no justification to handle it in
private (especially not if there is no request from the person
concerned). There are valuable reasons why judicial proceedings are
generally done in public in democratic countries.

Regards,
Andreas

Hi all,

Andreas Mantke wrote:

if the person concerned (like in this case) has no issue to discuss the
topic in public there shouldn't be any reason to handle this in private.

There are good reasons to have a quick private discussion on the matter.

Of course, if the rest of the board agrees, we can move all, or part
of that discussion to the public part.

Cheers,

-- Thorsten

Hi all,

Hi all,

Andreas Mantke wrote:

if the person concerned (like in this case) has no issue to discuss the
topic in public there shouldn't be any reason to handle this in private.

There are good reasons to have a quick private discussion on the matter.

If there were good reason to have the meeting in private I would have expected to see supporting evidence shared with the board before the agenda was set.
As of this morning nothing has been shared that would justify having even part of it in private.

I'm also the one that asked for that item to be put in the agenda and in the public section to get Thorsten to provide an update on the case.

Of course, if the rest of the board agrees, we can move all, or part
of that discussion to the public part.

Why should this excuse be used again for the same matter?

I'm the one being accused of something so I believe it's my right to have that session in public.

Cheers,

-- Thorsten

Ciao

Paolo

Not least the appaling, performative, chaotic behaviour and disrespect for the chair and order of the meeting that we saw at the last meeting. It is right for the Board to handle this in closed session to remove the audience that was being played-to.

S.

Hi,

I'm the one being accused of something so I believe it's my right to have that session in public.

We're still talking about an investigation.
Of course there is and will be all room for you to give your input. And IIRC you defended yourself at the previous meeting. IMO not at all as quick and clear as you promised, but..

You wrote your explanation on the investigation. There will be a reply and then it's good to talk again.

Greetings,
Cor

Hi Cor,

Hi,

I'm the one being accused of something so I believe it's my right to have that session in public.

We're still talking about an investigation.

We are talking about a public investigation as accusations, defence and previous session were public.

Of course there is and will be all room for you to give your input.

I've already provided my input and up to now there has been no feedback from the board.

That's why I created that public item so that Thorsten can provide some updates.

And IIRC you defended yourself at the previous meeting. IMO not at all as quick and clear as you promised, but..

I did and as promised it was a quick introduction to my defence that responds in a clear way to all the accusations.

You wrote your explanation on the investigation. There will be a reply and then it's good to talk again.

I'm still waiting for the reply and that's why I created an agenda item for Thorsten to provide us with some updates in public.

This is an important matter as all directors should explicitly declare their personal interests and CoIs which should anyway be made public as from art. 8 of our statutes.

AFAIK there have been no CoI declarations during the 2 terms I've been in the board so maybe we should look at the situation to make sure there are no doubts at all that directors and deputies acted in a proper way.

For some reasons the process started with me but it would be great if all directors were showing their willingness to be under same public scrutiny.

Who wants to be next? You Cor?

Greetings,
Cor

Ciao