[ANN] PRELIMINARY Results for the 2022 Membership Committee election

Dear Members, all,

this is the announcement of the PRELIMINARY results of the election
for the next TDF Membership Committee.

The number of members that cast their vote was 106, 81 members did
not. The board thanks all candidates for running, and all voters for
their participation!

## PRELIMINARY RESULTS

Candidates are sorted in their order of election preference, after all
preferences have been considered according to the Meek STV method with
Droop-Dynamic-Fractional setting, default threshold.

### Elected Members:

* Miklos Vajna, Marina Latini (tied for first)
* Gustavo Buzzatti Pacheco
* Gabriele Ponzo
* Uwe Altmann

### Elected Deputies:

* Shinji Enoki
* Balázs Varga
* Ahmad Haris

## CONFIRMATION PERIOD:

The detailed results of running OpenSTV will soon be published at
https://elections.documentfoundation.org/results.php?election_id=15
and a list of all votes cast is already available at
https://elections.documentfoundation.org/votes.php?election_id=15

The above results were calculated using the same tooling and rules as
usual: OpenSTV (https://github.com/Conservatory/openstv -
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Counting_single_transferable_votes#Meek).

Unfortunately, given that there were 8 candidates and 9 seats, all
versions of OpenSTV refused to run the ranking out of the box. To
overcome this issue, we ran the algorithm manually
(http://www.mcdougall.org.uk/VM/ISSUE1/P2.HTM), and also for ease of
verification via OpenSTV, added a dummy candidate to the ballot, with
zero votes cast. Both approaches led to the aforementioned result,
that takes voters' preferences beyond first choice into account.

Before these results can be final, we have the challenging phase from
Friday, 2022-09-09, 00:00 CEST/UTC+2, until Thursday, 2022-09-15,
24:00 CEST/UTC+2.

As member who voted, you are invited to verify your votes, via the
anonymous token given to you by the election system at that time. It's
only you who have that token!

The results to verify, for all members who voted, are here:
https://elections.documentfoundation.org/votes.php?election_id=15

In case you think there is any irregularity, or if there are other
questions, please contact the board AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, and in any
case no later than Thursday, 2022-09-15, 24:00 CEST/UTC+2, via
elections@documentfoundation.org

For further details and the timeline, please check this summary page:
https://elections.documentfoundation.org/2022-mc/rules.html

On behalf of the board,

Thorsten

Dear members, all,

a quick reminder that the challenging phase for the MC election ends
in about one hour. If you haven't done so, please verify your ballot
was correctly registered, at

https://elections.documentfoundation.org/votes.php?election_id=15

All the best, Thorsten

I wrote:

Dear members, all,

that was obviously meant to be one day, and one hour - the challenging
phase ends Thursday, 2022-09-15, 24:00 CEST/UTC+2. :wink:

Apologies, Thorsten

I wrote:
> [...]
> anonymous token given to you by the election system at that time. It's
> only you who have that token!
>
> The results to verify, for all members who voted, are here:
> https://elections.documentfoundation.org/votes.php?election_id=15
>
> In case you think there is any irregularity, or if there are other
> questions, please contact the board AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, and in any
> case no later than Thursday, 2022-09-15, 24:00 CEST/UTC+2, via
> elections@documentfoundation.org
>
> For further details and the timeline, please check this summary page:
> https://elections.documentfoundation.org/2022-mc/rules.html
>
> On behalf of the board,
>
> Thorsten
>
> --
> Thorsten Behrens, Director, Member of the Board
> The Document Foundation, Kurfürstendamm 188, 10707 Berlin, Germany
> Rechtsfähige Stiftung des bürgerlichen Rechts

Cheers,

-- Thorsten