Self nomination for Membership Committee: Ahmad Haris

Dear Members & Board of Directors of The Document Foundation,

I’m Ahmad Haris, a FOSS Activist who was born and lives in Indonesia. I started learning OOo in 2007 as a user, then from 2008 until 2010 I had the chance to help the local government of Aceh Province to use Open Source Software including OOo.

I am also active at BlankOn Linux which is a local linux distribution, the famous one in Indonesia. And become Release Manager for 5 years until 2017. Other than BlankOn, I am also active at openSUSE Indonesia Community.

2017 is my starting point to contributing to LibreOffice locally. Preparing a new community (LibreOffice Indonesia) and preparing LibreOffice Conference Indonesia - 2018 as a starting point to contribute globally. The mission of the local community is to encourage people to use LibreOffice and contribute back. So we organize several local events for Translation and QA workshops.

During the pandemic as MC, I try to keep in touch with the local community so we can still do something even if it’s limited, such as helping users with answering their questions in telegram groups.

When the pandemic seems to have ended in Indonesia, we become more energetic to create offline events such as LibreOffice Workshop and Meetup.

One of my personal goals with LibreOffice is helping several local communities to actively use LibreOffice with their local (traditional) character.

Why I’m nominating myself as MC:
I’m interested in encouraging local people to contribute to upstream projects in many ways that they are able to do, even if they have problems in language.
I’m still thinking I have a duty to do that until someone in the new generation takes over me.

Also working with TDF makes my experience better.

– 75 word statement –
My goal for next term is to reactivate local communities to contribute in several ways, such as translation, design, QA or workshop. To make it happen, working together with local communities around the world and TDF will make it more possible than working alone. With me becoming MC can help local communities more understand the situation in TDF and vice versa. On the other hand, regeneration of contributors will be the most challenging task to do.

Hi Ahmad,

would you be so kind and add information about your corporate
affiliation, your email address? And there is a statement missing, that
you will provide information about every change in this data asap.

Regards,
Andreas

Hi Andreas,

Full name: Ahmad Haris