Self nomination for Membership Committee: Gabriele Ponzo

Dear Members & Board of Directors of The Document Foundation,

the present message is to express my intention to candidate myself to the next elections for the Membership Committee.

Who am I:
I'm italian living in Terni, in the southern part of Umbria, the region called "the heart of Italy". My daily job (as self employed) spans from IT systems administrator to (huge) technical manuals editing (with LibreOffice) and SCADA (industrial supervision software) development.
I joined officially our community in 2009, when OpenOffice.org international conference was held in Orvieto, a town in my city's province. From that moment on, I've always slightly increased my involvement in the project and in its community.
My most contributions have been helping users in Mailing Lists, dubbing LO official videos in italian (as I'm a professional speaker too), giving lectures, some translations and QA.

Why I'm nominating myself for the next MC:
I'm part of the MC from 2014 and especially in recent turns I've been committed to extend its role from merely approve or reject memberships to a wider activity, including the recruitment of new members, by giving several lectures at various events to appeal people to join our projects (LO an DLP) and possibly become members, as well as helping in the organization and moderation of online meetings with Native Language Projects, together with my colleagues of MC.

-- 75 words statement --
My intention for the next term is to proceed with these attempts to lower the gap between the local communities and TDF, in order to let them be heard and better represented, together with the research for schools and universities collaborations to bring new pupils into our projects.

Full name: Gabriele Ponzo
Email address: gponzo@libreoffice.org
Corporate affiliation: None
I will provide information on all future changes as soon as possible.

For further questions, please reach me out.
Regards.
---
Gabriele Ponzo.