Self nomination for Membership Committee: Shinji Enoki

Dear members & Board of Directors of The Document Foundation,

I'm Shinji Enoki. I live in Nishinomiya, Japan. As a freelance, I also work on a support business for LibreOffice.

I served as Membership Committee Deputy for two years from 2020. The Membership Committee is an important part of TDF's operation and I would like to be part of it next MC as well.

I supported a board election interview event and MC feedback meetup for the Japanese community. On the other hand, I have not been successful in increasing his TDF membership in Japan and Asia. I want to challenge that in the next MC.

And Through the activities of the MC, I would like to play a role in connecting the global community and local communities, mainly in Asia. As a frequent join of Japanese and Asian Open Souce events, I have many opportunities to meet LibreOffice contributors, other OSS contributors, and new contributors. For me, it's relatively easy to contact them.

I started in 2008, OpenOffice.org era. I was the QA Coordinator for the OpenOffice.org Japanese Project. And I joined in the found of the LibreOffice Japanese team.

My main activity is community organizing for LibreOffice Japanese community and event organizing in Japan. Those are mostly online events for the past two and a half years. I have been doing a few translation and QA tasks as well. I am also a bit active in several other open source and open data communities.

Full name: Shinji Enoki
Email address: shinji.enoki@libreoffice.org
Corporate affiliation: None

I and iCraft Corp. are working together to develop a LibreOffice support business in Japan. And iCraft and Collabora are business partners. I and iCraft are on an equal footing and are not unilaterally bound by decision making. And I always make decisions that prioritize community interests.

I will provide information on all future changes as soon as possible.

~75 words candidacy text:
Through MC activities, I would like to play a part in the smooth running of TDF membership. Also I would also like to connect global and local communities, find ways to support local communities, and contact potential TDF members. For exsample, we got good feedback from meetups with local communities and would like to continue.

Best regards,
Shinji