Moderation And Elections

Hi all,

if you look at the latest self nomination email for the MC, you'll find
out that it took about 5 hours to get it through the moderation queue.

The announce email
(https://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/board-discuss/2022/msg00828.html)
state that every candidate has to send his candidacy to this list
(board-discuss) in time. If there is a moderation in place (like
currently) it is not possible for any member of TDF to see the current
list of candidates, think in time about a candidacy (because its not
obvious, how many and which other candidates are already running) or
could get a feedback, if her/his candidacy email has been send
successfully to this list.

The time it takes to moderate a candidacy email through the moderation
queue is the proof that this is an obstruction of the election process.
If it will not be disabled immediately every candidate who has not been
elected could challenge the result.

But because the moderation is already in place since July, 8 2022 there
is a good chance that the whole election process for the MC needs a restart.

Regards,
Andreas

Hi Andreas,

The time it takes to moderate a candidacy email through the moderation
queue is the proof that this is an obstruction of the election process.

As we know, the nomination phase ends on Wednesday, 2022-08-24, 24:00.
So if five days before that moment there is a delay in moderation, I don't think you can seriously argue that there is any obstruction of the election process.

Having said that: it definitely is good to make sure that delay is not the norm, and that we do not miss any last minute nominations. Thanks for reminding us.

Greetings,
Cor

Quote from the announcement,

Hi Cor, hi all,

I'd not bet on it.

It's your (the board) duty to create a clean process without any
obstruction and equality of choice for everyone. If you fail, you have
to take the full responsibility and draw the obvious conclusion.

Regards,
Andreas

Hi Andreas,

I'd not bet on it.

It's your (the board) duty to create a clean process without any
obstruction and equality of choice for everyone.

Sure!
Everyone must and will have a fair change to (be) nominate(d).
The deadline is clear.
Another part from the announcement:
" Please send nominations and self-nominations via e-mail to
elections@documentfoundation.org (which reaches the Board of Directors in private) and *at the same time (!)* to board-discuss@documentfoundation.org (which is a public mailing list)."
So of there is any delay in moderation, then there is
- the mail to elections@
- the mail in moderation queue
that make clear beyond doubt that/if a nomination is before Wednesday, 2022-08-24, 24:00
"(00:00 is beginning of the day, 24:00 is end of the day)
All times in CEST/UTC+2"

With the elections starting a week after end nomination, I really fail to see how a possible delay in moderation can break the process.

.. If you fail, you have
to take the full responsibility and draw the obvious conclusion.

Thanks :slight_smile:

Cor