[VOTE] TDF to change composition of legal oversight group

Hello,

the special working group of the legal oversight group hereby makes
available the draft of an amendment to the Rules of Procedure [1] of
the Board of Directors.

The amendment is to change the internal delegation of responsibilities
(“areas of oversight”) in § 3 only regarding “contracts, legal
compliance, GDPR, trademarks”.

The former members of the legal oversight group regarding “contracts,
legal compliance, GDPR, trademarks” shall be replaced by the new
members Caolán McNamara, Emiliano Vavassori and Paolo Vecchi. (All
other oversight groups remain unchanged.)

We hereby call for the following VOTE, which will start Friday,

This vote is proposed by all members of the special working group of
the legal oversight group: Caolán, Emiliano, Paolo. Members of the
board who are in conflict shall explicitly declare their abstention.

[1] https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/TDF/BoD_rules

Hi,

This vote was brought in discussion on the directors@ few hours before posting here, without any discussion taking place there. So I think it's best if I go back to that list to learn something more first.

Cheers,
Cor

Hi Cor,

Hi,

This vote was brought in discussion on the directors@ few hours before posting here, without any discussion taking place there. So I think it's best if I go back to that list to learn something more first.

the vote will start in a week leaving an adequate amount of time for the board and the community to evaluate and discuss the vote.

Cheers,
Cor

Ciao

Paolo

Hi all,

as I'm not sure I'll have connectivity where I'll be next Friday I'll vote now:

+1

Ciao

Paolo

Given the discussion of the matter is being held in secret, perhaps the directors could arrange for a summary of the rationale for this out-of-cycle change please?

Thanks,

Simon

Dear board, all,

Caolán McNamara wrote:

We hereby call for the following VOTE, which will start Friday,

Given the current, substantially different situation the board finds
itself in, I would much prefer to shelve this vote for the moment.

Depending on availability, I suggest the board comes together for an
extraordinary private call during the usual slot 1600 UTC / 1800
Berlin time, the coming Monday, August 1st, to discuss the matter.

We need to, in any case, then elect a new deputy chairperson.

(I'm personally offline until Sunday, starting in about one hour)

Cheers,

-- Thorsten