Tracking user data with Polypoly

The design team had a talk with people from PP yesterday and I'd like to bring this to your attention.

The idea is to integrate this tool in LibreOffice in order to collect usage data. So far we only reach out to tech-affine people and base decisions on anecdotal guesses. PP stores data locally and evaluates it on demand. While this already works for several clients we also pondered over improvements such as giving feedback on how the personal behavior compares to the average. Which might be of some interest to many users.

There is no immediate action required, but some generic thumbs-up support would be appreciated. It's planned to outline the project in a blog post as next step. And to bring it to the attention of the ESC.

For more details see the minutes at https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/design/2022/msg00088.html

Cheers,
Heiko

Hi Heiko, all,

Heiko Tietze wrote:

There is no immediate action required, but some generic thumbs-up support
would be appreciated. It's planned to outline the project in a blog post as
next step. And to bring it to the attention of the ESC.

Sounds very supportable to me, thx for the heads-up here!

Cheers,

-- Thorsten