Hi Gustavo,

Gustavo Buzzatti Pacheco 於 2022/7/9 11:23 寫道:
Hi Franklin!

I think your proposal is fantastic. My impression is that you, in Taiwan, are having a momentum like we had in Brazil around 2002-2011, but much stronger than ours.

Here, in the OpenOffice.org times, when we had a big adoption, the Brazilian government didn't work enough to create and improve the local ecosystem neither contribute to the project, just focused on installation and use.

FMPOV, we should go ahead. Seems a possible way to reach some non-commercial & non European markets (better explained by Sophie in some last mails).

My question is: as details can be discussed with OSSII, who is the key person to start it? Could OSSII do the first step with a formal proposal to TDF, for example?

Best,
Gustavo

For OSSII, Kevin Lin, the GM of OSSII, also a TDF member and a LibreOffice Migration Consultant will be the key person.  Jeff Huang who is now his employee  is also a TDF member.  They both can represent OSSII for discussing reliving LOOL using OxOOL as a base and further cooperative mode.

For technical part, AFAIK the relived LOOL is still under TDF not any commercial ecosystem member; and OSSII will backport their improvements (both for commercial or bugfixes)  as they think them worth doing, but not directly maintaining LOOL repository. Details can be discussed with them.

The main obstacles  will be language barrier and also some unknown political issues.  I'm not sure how much I can help with these but I'll see what I can do.   At least as long as any of you are interested in this proposal / this way to relive LOOL I can help you contact with OSSII.

Besides, Daniel R. has several years running OxOOL in his school.  He can be a good one to participate in the discussion too.

Regards, Franklin