Hi Paolo, all,

Am 01.07.22 um 13:54 schrieb Paolo Vecchi:
(...)

Regarding the freeze in my opinion should have never happened but at
the time we didn't have a clear CoI Policy so a single vote from a
what now would be considered a conflicted member of the board made
that happen:

https://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/board-discuss/2020/msg00648.html

in my opinion the CoI policy is only a concretion of the statutes. They
are not a reinvention of the statutes or something that goes above the
statutes. And thus the members of the board had to abstain from a
decision on a topic where they have a CoI. And if a member with a CoI
participated in such decision and voted her/his vote is not valid. This
vote has to be excluded from the result at a minimum.

Thus the board has to amend the result at least. And if the vote of the
member with a CoI was decisive the proposal was rejected.

And a short addition to the whole topic on forking away LOOL to COOL:
The foundation has to take care of the sustainability of its assets.
Beside a capital stock there are two big assets: the brands LibreOffice
and The Document Foundation.
The fork of LOOL to COOL didn't strength the brand LibreOffice, instead
this diluted and weakened the brand. It had an negative impact on the
value of the brand.
Maybe it's the same effect, if you add dilutive additions to the product
name of the software (with the perception of second class software).

Regards,
Andreas

--
## Free Software Advocate