Hi Kendy,

On 25/05/2022 14:18, Jan Holesovsky wrote:
Hi Paolo,

Paolo Vecchi píše v St 25. 05. 2022 v 13:41 +0200:

Michael Meeks made a completely different proposal to employ a
mentor.
That is not my reading of the proposal.
You may have missed a few details:

The proposal is: "Hire a Targeted Developer, with primary focus on mentoring"

Thorsten seems to want to mislead job applicants saying:
"For the outbound message on job boards, we can certainly tweak the wording to be audience-specific." as adding 'senior' would "would attract people who've mentored, on-boarded and levelled-up junior developers"
The end result is that you want to employ a mentor.

You then replied to Ilmari that rightly made you notice previous issues with employing mentors "you are dismissing the proposal as a whole, or only the name of the role" (mentor)
"Would a "Hire a Targeted Developer" work for you?" (removing mentor)

Then once again
"As I've expressed previously - I'd prefer a proposal that is more mentoring-focused, and less development-focused myself,"

Can you tell me again with a straight face that you can't read Michael Meeks' proposal as being for finding a mentor and not developers?

Also what I like about the proposal is that it addresses my questions I
had wrt. the tasking and management; where your proposal was mostly a
placeholder in those areas.

"was" may be the keyword. Have you read the proposal published 2 weeks ago?

You may notice that the difference is that I believe that the 2 new members of the team should be managed by our mentors and our ED.

Michael Meeks' prefers to have the ESC controlling the mentor/developers but, while I value their technical input, it's a body that is very well represented by commercial contributors employees.

I do not think it's a wise idea to have TDF's employees being directed/controlled by our own suppliers.

To me it seems like those two proposals can be merged together to
create something good for TDF, if there is a will for that.  And there
is from my side.
It seems to me that the 2 proposal have nothing to do with each others.

You are free to work on Michael Meeks proposal for a mentor.

All the best,
Kendy

Ciao

Paolo

--
Paolo Vecchi - Member of the Board of Directors