On 23.5.2022 20.42, Jan Holesovsky wrote:
Ilmari Lauhakangas píše v Po 23. 05. 2022 v 20:08 +0300:
* Hire a Targeted Developer, with primary focus on mentoring

If mentoring is put in the center, it seriously limits the pool of
applicants. Most devs who could apply will simply skip it. We know
this
from the experience in 2017-2021 and comments that C++ devs made
when
the mentoring position was advertised.

I am afraid it is not clear from your message - can you please clarify
if you are dismissing the proposal as a whole, or only the name of the
role?  Would a "Hire a Targeted Developer" work for you?

I'm thinking of what will be written in the job posting. If the title contains "mentor" and mentoring will be central in the job description, it will scare devs away. Whatever the decision about the role definition will be in the end, it's good to keep in mind the learning experiences we got in hiring.

Ilmari