Hi all,

On 28/04/2022 21:52, Caolán McNamara wrote:
There is (and here proposed to still be) 5 TDF employees, 5 Collabora,
3 allotropia, 3 Red Hat and 6 other Individual or single company
employees on the ESC giving IMO a fairly broad representation of
ESC-relevant skills and insights. I wouldn't welcome dropping 8 (or 12)
members and lose out on that.

While it's good to have a broad representation of skills IMHO we have also to take in consideration the representation of potential interests.

I think it's OK to have experts in various fields discussing and proposing their views/projects on how to tackle an issue but once they have made the proposal then the ranking should be left to those that are not employed by companies that will bid for the eventual tender.

We all trust that developers in the ESC want to do their best for TDF, the community and LibreOffice but we also have to avoid doubts that the interests of their employers influences their choices.

True that the ESC ranking gets ranked again in the board but having once again the representatives of the same organisations also in the board may influence the ranking.

Ciao

Paolo

--
Paolo Vecchi - Member of the Board of Directors