Hi Daniel,

Daniel A. Rodriguez píše v Út 08. 02. 2022 v 19:31 -0300:

I think Andreas hits the nail on the head when he mentions that in
other
projects no company dominates the project or the community.

The contrary is true: Most of the successful open source projects have
a major, dominating company behind them - have a look at Nextcloud
(Nextcloud GmbH), ownCloud (ownCloud GmbH), MariaDB (MariaDB
Corporation Ag), ... and I can continue on and on.

In LibreOffice, there is no dominating company.  Many like to paint
Collabora as one, but it is not the case due to how the founding
members (and I was one of them) have designed the TDF (with the 1/3
rule in the bodies and other means to protect from the project
domination) and due to how the German charity laws work.

Also, such thinking is very offensive to eg. Allotropia - who is doing
a great job undermining any kind of potential domination by excellent
engineering; have a look at their impressive WASM prototype.

But if you want to see an open source project with no company behind
them, have a look at Apache OpenOffice.

All the best,
Kendy