Hi Marco,

thanks a lot for your engagement and your contributions to the discussion.

On 17/01/2022 11:51, Marco Marinello wrote:
Hi Paolo, hi all,

Il 16/01/22 11:01, Paolo Vecchi ha scritto:
IMHO what is being called "infighting" has been an excellent exercise
of transparency and exchange of point of view.
I agree, a lot of new (at least for non-board people) information came
out from this thread, although the topics I proposed in the first email,
regarding, as per subject of the thread, counterproposal(s) to the
"actization" of LibreOffice Online, were barely discussed.
I hope that the provided additional information has helped you understand why I have replied the way I did.

(original:
https://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/board-discuss/2022/msg00043.html

and with my answer:
https://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/board-discuss/2022/msg00057.html)

Where we stand at present, IMHO, there is nothing much TDF can do to revive the LOOL project as most of the developers involved are Collabora's employees so they now only contribute to Collabora's GitHub repositories.

Unless the valuable member of the ecosystem changes its mind, other members of our community have other proposals and/or want to help us restarting the development of LOOL I don't see many other ways forward.

It would be great to have more comments from the rest of the community about it.
I also think, and I hope those that have written here will agree, is
clear that we need fixed and strong rules for projects hosted at TDF. I
hope source-only projects will not happen again.
Thank you for supporting this proposal which is very much linked to the above issue.

I've been proposing this for quite a while and I hope the new board will support it so that we won't find ourselves in the same situation in a few years time.
All the best,

Marco

Ciao

Paolo

--
Paolo Vecchi - Deputy Member of the Board of Directors