Thanks so much Simon for this comment ! I would especially like to
endorse your statement: 'It needs to be realistic about the pragmatics
of large-scale software engineering and how it's paid for and rein-in
those trying to frame "commercial" as tainted.' as an extremely
insightful statement.

Open Source has won the argument in terms of how software should be
developed. I can't think of a commercial product shipping today that
doesn't include Open Source software. The struggle that remains is for
freedom and equality of access to the world-changing technology that
is being developed as Open Source (and also to commit to equality of
access to the decision making behind it), and I hope that TDF will
dedicate itself to these principles.

Cheers,

Jeremy.