Hi Andras,

LibreOffice from the AppStore is branded Vanilla in the AppStore, but displays as "Community" (e.g. 7.2.4.1 LibreOffice Community).

It is not identical to the "Community" version available from TDF.

Java functionality is but one part (an important one, but one part nonetheless) of Base functionality.

According to this:

https://pretagteam.com/question/how-to-bundle-a-java-application-to-a-mac-os-x-app-bundle

it would seem that it is indeed possible to include all of the required ressources (i.e. bundling a JRE/JDK) into a product acceptable for inclusion and distribution via the AppStore.

Not doing so would then be a decision based on effort/reward for the entity building and distributing the product. Again, which I can understand.

However, the Java functionality is but one of the issues.

For example, current Collabora releases (whether Vanilla or Productivity) do not include postgresql or mariadb connectors - this is feature deprecation creep, for whatever reason.

The reason I raised this topic is for there to be a discussion on how the Board resolves that issue - i.e. the difference in products which appear under similarly confusing names via different outlets, when businesses in particular, are being pushed, by the LO download page itself, towards a product with reduced feature functionality, under the pretext that the business user will help the community at large and obtain some kind of benefit from supporting the business entity. My experience as a business case user shows there to be a mismatch between expectation and reality. If nothing is done, I fear that that gap will only widen.

That is the point I feel needs addressing.

Alex