Hi Paolo,

Paolo Vecchi wrote:
Unfortunately it seems like the board didn't realise that a big issue was
brewing for quite a few years as clear rules were not set.

That seems unlikely to repeat itself?

Putting this burden on everyone **up-front** and **by default** (with
the added twist that people need to prove their contribution is not
commercial), I believe is a terrible idea. TDF would be well-advised
to have fewer, not more, hurdles for code contribution.
You may have missed that in my previous emails I clearly stated that the
"burden" is not up-front, is not by default and people do not need to prove
their contribution is not commercial.

I actually said: "I'm not even suggesting that each individual proposing a
project should sign it, only when the project is being proposed by or it
becomes controlled mostly by a single company."

Great. So why do you want it in the policy then? As you point out,
most projects start as individual initiatives.

Your proposed text for the policy _does_ constitute a default,
up-front requirement. Perhaps it needs rewording then, to better carry
your intended meaning?

Best,

-- Thorsten