Hi Emiliano,

thanks for the quick follow-up. :)

On 05/01/2022 23.45, Emiliano Vavassori wrote:
The absence of a release published in the Play Store (which is the main venue, to my perspective, to reach for users), its known limitations, the need of a reworking of the interface to get some interest back to the app and the appearance of a successful substitute app (the Collabora Office app you cited yourself) got me to the wrong conclusion, that it wouldn't be worked on and further supported, and no other interests were on my radar.

Ah, I see and I would have agreed in case nothing had happened in the last years, since the app had actually been in a pretty much non-working state for a while.

My first though about a general process to atticize core code is at least cumbersome and require much more work than leaving it there (and I can only understand high level development, as I am not a developer). What's your take?

If something has been inactive for a while and it's not useful in its current state and there's no indication that this is going to change anytime soon (nobody is interested in working on it), I think it may be reasonable to just remove it (i.e. delete the corresponding source files). Since everything is in git, the removal can easily be reverted anytime should there be renewed interest. The "core" git repo itself remains active anyway, so patches could be submitted to Gerrit the usual way and there would be no need for any specific step to reactivate anything from the infra side (as opposed to how it is in the scenario where a separate repository is used).

I think that would be in line with how we have been handling single features in the desktop version that were in a comparable state in the past - usually after discussing the removal in the ESC first.

Best regards,
Michael