Hello Miklos,

Miklos Vajna wrote on 03.11.21 at 09:33:

Lubos did some work in this area in the recent past, and based on that
experience the expectation is that the referenced tdf#133685 is a
Windows-only problem (most of the time is spent in Windows API calls),
and thus unrelated to the "Text layout" topic.

Is it intentional to include that bug in the tender, even if it seems to
be an unrelated performance problem?

If not, then perhaps you could consider removing that from the scope.

thanks a lot for the feedback, and apologies for the belated reply! I was on vacation, and then quite a few things took place in parallel, so I only now got a chance to have a look at this.

I checked the wiki page, and this bug is indeed not mentioned in the original draft. I think it was added to the tender during one of the iterations, but I've just removed it.

Anything else that needs changing from your POV? Otherwise I'd move to publication of this soon.

Thanks!

Tel: +49 30 5557992-50 | Mail: floeff@documentfoundation.org