みなさん こんにちは

On 29/11/2021 14:08, sophi wrote:

- The questions to the candidates will be in English or translated to
English.
I would like to send a big thank you to Naruhiko for his work on live
translation. This is a difficult work but very important for the
understanding of the future actions of the Board.
Big thanks for your investment there, and also to the Japanese community
for its great presence :)
Cheers
Sophie

I'd like to join Sophie in thanking Naruhiko for translating the session and for the insight provided of the Japanese community.

Language is a barrier for many so I believe it's important to have and probably invest in people and tools that make exchanges of ideas easier with the many LibreOffice communities around the world.

While there may be some cultural differences we have a lot of issues and opportunities in common on which we need to work together.

One of the points that have been mentioned is Privacy. Also here in Europe the vast majority of people is totally unaware of the issues caused by what is sometimes called "surveillance capitalism" but changes are happening here with various groups and even with new European laws that should reduce the dependency on US providers.

Maybe there are similar groups dedicated to promoting privacy and technological sovereignty that could help supporting LibreOffice?

Any other suggestions and information that could be useful to TDF to help you out?

Ciao

Paolo

--
Paolo Vecchi - Deputy Member of the Board of Directors