On 29.10.21 08:32, Florian Effenberger wrote:
one of the approved  tenders is the
Tender "Cleanup & further improve ODF conformance"
The board would like to work together in public with all of you on this
tender before it gets officially published. The current draft is
therefore shared at
The board is happy to get your feedback and proposals. We'd like to
discuss this ideally in the board call after next, i.e. on Friday,
November 19, at 1300 Berlin time. Please send your feedback to the
public firstname.lastname@example.org mailing list.
the scope of this is quite large and unclear... *required* items are:
1. ODFAutoTests: addressing issues will be difficult because as Regina
points out the web service appears to be offline.
IIRC it's possible to run the tests offline, but currently i guess
nobody knows how much work it is to set that up and what problems would
actually be found, so i guess this item mostly amounts to "get
ODFAutoTests to run at all".
* 37128 this is, errm, "interesting" problem and might take weeks to fix
* 96066 likely needs specification work
* 94768 cannot be solved with ODF 1.3, it needs specification work
* 106934 needs specification work, possibly it was already added for ODF 1.4
* 131127 might be fixable?
* 131148 needs specification work
* 131159 this was added for ODF 1.4
* 108198 export meta-bug depending on 26 unfixed bugs, wow...
* 94587 *import* meta-bug depending on 37 unfixed bugs
- how does this have "odf_validation" keyword in the first place,
i thought that applied only to the export filter?
i would propose to remove "odf_validation" keyword and keep "odf".
... so i'm not sure what would make sense here, certainly *requiring*
fixes of > 60 different bugs that are all over the map doesn't make
sense to me, unless the board wants to spend the entire yearly budget...
maybe everything should be "optional" and then applicants can list which
bugs they think are actually possible to fix given the current ODF 1.3
To unsubscribe e-mail to: email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/board-discuss/
Impressum (Legal Info)
: Unless otherwise specified, all text and images
on this website are licensed under the
Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
This does not include the source code of LibreOffice, which is
licensed under the Mozilla Public License (MPLv2
"LibreOffice" and "The Document Foundation" are
registered trademarks of their corresponding registered owners or are
in actual use as trademarks in one or more countries. Their respective
logos and icons are also subject to international copyright laws. Use
thereof is explained in our trademark policy