On Thu, Oct 28, 2021 at 2:24 PM Paolo Vecchi <
paolo.vecchi@documentfoundation.org> wrote:

On 28/10/2021 15:11, Simon Phipps wrote:

While we're talking terminology, I have to point out that the word
"external" is not appropriate here.

You used the term "guests" so I believed you were referring to external
consultants of which there were none.

Ah, I see your confusion!  No, MC Members and Trustees as well as staff
would also be "guests" if invited to a Board executive session - one might
even consider Board Deputies who are not representing a director (so have
no executive role) to be guests at such a session, although that's not been
the norm so far.

No matter, it remains important to list who was attending while the board
is in executive session so there's less scope for this sort of confusion.
Disclosure is usually best!

Cheers

Simon