Hi Emiliano, all,

Emiliano Vavassori wrote on 08/10/2021 11:37:

The proposed amendments were known to the full Board before publishing
and the proposed policy has been in discussion for over a month. Since
there was no unanimous consensus about it, but a fully shared
understanding that a written CoI policy is needed, I proposed the vote.

More then the length of a discussion, I would suggest to look at if
there is the understanding in the board that all topics have more or
less been discussed so that there are ~no questions left, only maybe
that members have a different opinion on the facts.

(Apart from that, I'm not convinced - as explained before - that a
written policy will help to improve the work of the board; at least it
is not the fact that something is on paper, that will make possible
problems disappear.)

So we have to start somewhere. A similar policy has been prepared by
fellow members drawing from years of experience in various bodies,
reviewed directly by our legal consultant (mandated by the Board itself)
and then voted by the MC with a large majority. We then asked our legal

What I asked myself recently: when the MC worked on this, clearly also
with the intention to prepare it for the board, would it not have been a
good strategy, and a sign of transparency, to discus it/parts with the
board right away?

I really appreciate your activity in the project and the Foundation. I
will welcome very thankfully your involvement (and by extension, of any
other volunteer) for the future versions of a CoI Policy. We already
discussed how to make changes in a future version, but as said, we need
to make a start with an initial version.

Various members have expressed their concern earlier that with the
proposed version, members of the BoD with interest in how the policy
reads, may be excluded from voting about future versions, simply, if the
majority of the board decides they are in a CoI situation.

For myself, I am eager to start discussing it right after the vote.

The world upside down ;)

Cheers,
Cor
--