Board of Directors Meeting 2021-08-27

The Document Foundation
Board of Directors Meeting 2021-08-27
Meeting Minutes

Location: Jitsi

Session chair: Lothar Becker
Keeper of the minutes: Stephan Ficht

In the meeting:
   Board - Lothar Becker, Franklin Weng (left earlier), Cor Nouws,
Emiliano Vavassori, Thorsten Behrens (joined later)
   Board Deputies - Nicolas Christener, Paolo Vecchi
   Membership Committee - Marina Latini
   Membership Committee Deputies -
   Team - Stephan Ficht, Sophie Gautier, Florian Effenberger, Italo
Vignoli, Guilhem Moulin
   Community - Mike Schinagl

Representation: Nicolas for Michael, Paolo for Daniel

Chairman of the Board is in the meeting. One of the Chairman or Deputy
Chairman is required to be present or represented for having a quorate call.

The Board of Directors at time of the call consists of 7 seat holders
without deputies. In order to be quorate, the call needs to have 1/2 of
the Board of Directors members, which gives 4. A total of 7 Board of
Directors members are attending the call.

The board waives all formal statutory requirements, or requirements in
the foundations articles, or other requirements regarding form and
invitation, time limits, and for the topics discussed in this meeting.

The meeting is quorate and invitation happened in time. From now on,
motions can be passed with the agreement of a simple majority of those
remaining present. The majority threshold is currently 4.

The meeting commences at 13:01 Berlin time.

Public Part

1. Q&A: Answering Questions from the community (All, max. 10 min)
   Rationale: Provide an opportunity for the community to ask questions
to the board and about TDF.
   + any questions? (Lothar)

2. Inform: 1 month to LibOCon 2021 - Status (Florian/Team, all 5min)
   Rationale: Get information about status and where help from board is
needed

Conference: Thursday, September 23-Saturday, September 25
  Schedule: https://events.documentfoundation.org/libocon2021/schedule/

Internal meetings:
  Monday, September 27, 1200-1500 Berlin time, board+MC+team
  Tuesday, September 28, 1200-1500 Berlin time, board only

   + all looks quite well so far (Florian)
    + schedule ist public
    + meetigs are scheduled Sept 26 and 27
    + sponsorship is going well
    + merch, recording prepared
    + some tech questions (Italo)
    + hybrid conf in Hamburg (Lothar)
     + perhaps can do it to go to Hamburg

- we have Collabora, allotropia, LPI and maybe CarboneIO as sponsors
- schedule is finalized and published
- speakers are invited to upload their talks
- waiting for LPI logo to send the template to speakers
- merchandise at Freewear shop is online
- Freewear has the list of T-shirt to be sent out for Board, speakers
and team (25 in total)
- registration form is online, communication about it done on all channels
- we have currently 7 volunteers for moderation
- material for videos recording has been ordered and sent
- sponsors will also have private rooms, provided by TDF, managed by
sponsors

What is left for now:
- we have to decide how we proceed for YouTube
- we have to organize the training session for moderators
- we have to test the streaming and recording
- Italo will do a blog post summarizing the info
- finalizing agenda for the internal meetings
- app for conference is working in progress, will be done for the conference

3. Plan: How to handle next pre-scheduled board meeting at 10th of
September(Lothar, all 5 min)
   Rationale: Lothar will be not available from 1st to 16th of September
(incl)
   + Lothar will not be able to participate
   + suggests to have the meeting
   + fine for Franklin
   -> meeting will take place on September 10
   + Cor might not make it either

Public meeting ends at 13:09 Berlin time.

Private Part

Marina Latini and Mike Schinagl stay in the call

4. Discussion, Q&A: Conflict of Interest Policy for MC and Board
(Marina, all 25 minutes)
   Rationale: Board information about MC CoI policy text, status of
legal proofread, adaption to the board
   Reason why in private: Discussion about a legal text

Marina Latini and Michael Schinagl leave the call

5. Inform: Status 2nd round legal advisor questions - (Florian, Lothar
all 5min)
   Rationale: Florian delivered statements, what/when is next
   Reason why in private: Confidential items for advice, preliminary
discussion of offerings

Private meeting ends at 14:01 Berlin time.

Lothar Becker (Session chair)
Stephan Ficht (Keeper of the minutes)