Agenda for TDF board meeting on Friday, August 27th at 1300 Berlin time (UTC+2)

Dear Community,

please find below the agenda for our

-> TDF board meeting with a public part and followed by a private part
-> on Friday, August 27th at 1300 Berlin time

For time zone conversion, see e.g.
https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converted.html?iso=20210827T13&p1=37&p2=136&p3=241&p4=589

-> at https://jitsi.documentfoundation.org/TDFBoard
We meet on jitsi, and please, if possible use Chrome browser and do not
use video and until not speaking up please mute.

-> AGENDA:

Public Part

1. Q&A: Answering Questions from the community (All, max. 10 min)
   Rationale: Provide an opportunity for the community to ask questions
to the board and about TDF.

2. Inform: 1 month to LibOCon 2021 - Status (Florian/Team, all 5min)
   Rationale: Get information about status and where help from board is
needed

3. Plan: How to handle next pre-scheduled board meeting at 10th of
September(Lothar, all 5 min)
   Rationale: Lothar will be not available from 1st to 16th of September
(incl)

Private Part

4. Inform: Status 2nd round legal advisor questions (Florian, Lothar all
5min)
   Rationale: Florian delivered statements, what/when is next?
   Reason why in private: Confidential items for advice, preliminary
discussion of offerings

5. Discussion, Q&A: Conflict of Interest Policy for MC and Board
(Marina, all 25 minutes)
   Rationale: Board information about MC CoI policy text, status of
legal proofread, adaption to the board
   Reason why in private: Discussion about a legal text

- No more topic in private so far -

Hi,

seemed the board needs a discussion and decission about § 8 IV of the
statutes:

https://blog.allotropia.de/2021/08/25/allotropia-and-collabora-announce-partnership/

Regards,
Andreas

Hi Andreas,

Andreas Mantke wrote:

seemed the board needs a discussion and decission about § 8 IV of the
statutes:

I can assure you (and the board), that § 8 (4) is most definitely not
touched by that announcement.

Please do reach out if there's any further questions (I'll probably
not be able to make the call tomorrow though).

All the best,

-- Thorsten

Hi,

the blog post shows the shrinking diversity of the TDF-board and the LibO ecosystem.

It shows also, that the spirit behind Par. 8 IV of the statutes dissolved during the last 9/10 years.

And it shows further that a critical view about the impact of such actions on TDF and its reputation is not available inside all long term board members.

Regards,
Andreas

Hi Andreas,

please, this is not very constructive so far. I tell you §8 is not
affected, you claim it is (and conclude a number of things from there).

At the same time, MC and board are working on a CoI policy, so this:

And it shows further that a critical view about the impact of such
actions on TDF and its reputation is not available inside all long
term board members.

is a needless ad hominem, and a false statement on top.

If you still have concerns, please lets get into a quick call (you
have my number); or you join one of the next board meetings - there's
always room for the community to ask questions in the beginning.

All the best,

-- Thorsten

Hi,

Hi Andreas,

please, this is not very constructive so far. I tell you §8 is not
affected, you claim it is (and conclude a number of things from there).

At the same time, MC and board are working on a CoI policy, so this:

§ 8 IV and CoI are not identical.

But it's relatively clear that we have a dissent on the understanding of
§ 8 IV of the statutes.

Regards,
Andreas