Hello Florian, all,

Am 28.07.21 um 10:29 schrieb Florian Effenberger:
Hello Andreas,

Andreas Mantke wrote on 26.07.21 at 19:51:

Thus I could not provide you any experience about the effectiveness of
the different captcha services (providers). I created the new hcaptcha
add-on only on a request / discussion inside the community.

to answer your question, the above is indeed the problem we were
facing - other Captcha services were working, but much less reliable,
i.e. they were much less suited to prevent spamming. Even with
blocking certain "spammy" IP ranges, the amount of spam was too high,
and the feedback from other communities back then was very similar.

However, let's continue this technical discussion on the website@ list
instead, where also others could provide valuable feedback.

if you like you could start a new discussion on that list.

I worked on a further version of one Plone add-on with protection by a
honeypot field instead of a captcha. I used a special add-on for this,
which was published by some members of the Plone community. This
technology has the advantage that it doesn't bother the website user in
the way a captcha does.

Regards,
Andreas

--