Hello Florian, all,

Am 26.07.21 um 09:16 schrieb Florian Effenberger:
Hello Andreas,

Andreas Mantke wrote on 23.07.21 at 17:49:

thanks for sharing! Let us know how it's going - we'll also share our
findings (probably on the website list), as I guess several projects
have similar issues.

I created a new Plone add-on to use HCaptcha instead of ReCaptcha some
weeks ago and migrated the forms of a Plone add-on to HCaptcha
currently. I'll work on further Plone add-ons and  migrate the forms to
HCaptcha. I think about making it optional to use HCaptcha and rely on
the 'honeypot' add-on technology instead.

thanks for the follow-up!
What's your experience with this captcha, is there a difference
between the spam before and after? Back in the days, all alternative
captchas were much less effective, I'm curious to learn how the
situation is noawadays.

I'm currently not running or managing any server / PC outside my home
environment. I have a payed full time outside the software industrie and
work on software only as volunteer in my spare time.

Thus I could not provide you any experience about the effectiveness of
the different captcha services (providers). I created the new hcaptcha
add-on only on a request / discussion inside the community.

(Maybe let's follow-up with this discussion on website@)

If I remember correctly there is an open ticket in the LibreOffice
community on this topic without real work on it for about four years
yet. Has there been any research on this topic (without documentation)
on that topic inside the LibreOffice community already?

Regards,
Andreas

--
## Free Software Advocate