The Document Foundation
Board of Directors Meeting 2021-06-04
Session chair: Lothar Becker
Keeper of the minutes: Stephan Ficht
In the meeting:
Board - Lothar Becker, Cor Nouws, Michael Meeks, Thorsten Behrens,
Board Deputies - Nicolas Christener, Paolo Vecchi
Membership Committee -
Membership Committee Deputies -
Team - Stephan Ficht, Florian Effenberger, Sophie Gautier, Guilhem
Representation: Nicolas for Franklin [asks to have any votes done via
e-mail], Paolo for Daniel
Chairman of the Board is in the meeting. One of the Chairman or Deputy
Chairman is required to be present or represented for having a quorate call.
The Board of Directors at time of the call consists of 7 seat holders
without deputies. In order to be quorate, the call needs to have 1/2 of
the Board of Directors members, which gives 4. A total of 7 Board of
Directors members are attending the call.
The board waives all formal statutory requirements, or requirements in
the foundations articles, or other requirements regarding form and
invitation, time limits, and for the topics discussed in this meeting.
The meeting is quorate and invitation happened in time. From now on,
motions can be passed with the agreement of a simple majority of those
remaining present. The majority threshold is currently 4.
The meeting commences at 13:03 Berlin time.
1. Q&A: Answering Questions from the community (All, max. 10 min)
Rationale: Provide an opportunity for the community to ask questions
to the board and about TDF.
* Quick update on new mentor (Florian)
* will start June 21
* someone already active in the community
* (video) interview to introduce currently prepared by Italo and Mike
* any questions? (Lothar)
* update dev mentor (Florian)
* starting date is June 21
* discussion on next decade manifesto is slowing down (Cor)
* should drive this process forward (Lothar)
* happy to see involvement from MC, members
* got stuck in 'hole' (Cor)
+ not convinced widening the input helps get us out
* remember two parts (Emiliano)
+ board part
+ and public part
+ need to review the latter to get it out there
+ vision part will need more work.
* get in touch with Uwe, bring it to community ? (Lothar)
+ not consensus on community part.
+ not sure what the issue is (Michael)
+ Michael & Cor gave some feedback
+ no follow-up on it.
* How about combining this with a saturday meeting ? (Lothar)
+ ask Uwe to come to our next one.
2. Discuss&Plan: (longer) Saturday meeting in June needed? (Lothar,
Florian, all 5min)
Rational: we agreed to have longer time slots for deeper discussions
from time to time, planing the next one
* option 1: Saturday, June 12 -> no Nicolas, no Lothar
* option 2: Saturday, June 19 -> no Nicolas, ~Cor, no Lothar
* option 3: Saturday, June 26 -> no Michael, try this (Paolo)? ...
+ Berlin time 12->15:00
* option 4: Saturday, July 3 -> no Cor / Thorsten
* next decade manifesto to be an item!? (Lothar)
* widely agreed to have such a meeting (All)
* agreed for June 26, Berlin time 12->15:00
3. Discuss&Plan: internal meetings around LibOCon (Florian, all 10min)
Rational: when and how do we do the usual meetings with all bodies
* LibOCon is Thursday, September 23 to Saturday, September 25
* in-person meetings in the full group seem very unlikely
* option 1: Saturday, September 18
* option 2: Saturday, October 2
* option 3: Monday, September 27 and Tuesday, September 28
* not plan for full in person meeting (Florian)
* planned: BoD-meeting, joined BoD+MC+team
* AI Florian: send invites for 27 and 28th, feedback in a week
from now -> then finalizing it
Public meeting ends at 13:22 Berlin time.
Agenda items of Private Part
4. Inform&Plan: status and orga of the legal consultation for business
entity as follow up (Lothar, Florian 10min)
Rationale: informing about status, defining participants, questions
Reason why in private: confidential items for advice
5. Discuss&Plan: (status of and) further handling of LibreOffice licence
agreements (Florian, all 15min)
Rationale: plan to further handle that after 01.07.
Reason why in private: confidential informations about future licence
policies and holders
Private meeting ends at 13:51 Berlin time.
Lothar Becker (Session chair)
Stephan Ficht (Keeper of the minutes)
Florian Effenberger, Executive Director (Geschäftsführer)
Tel: +49 30 5557992-50 | Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Document Foundation, Kurfürstendamm 188, 10707 Berlin, DE
Gemeinnützige rechtsfähige Stiftung des bürgerlichen Rechts
Legal details: https://www.documentfoundation.org/imprint
To unsubscribe e-mail to: email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/board-discuss/
- [board-discuss] Board of Directors Meeting 2021-06-04 · Florian Effenberger
Impressum (Legal Info)
: Unless otherwise specified, all text and images
on this website are licensed under the
Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
This does not include the source code of LibreOffice, which is
licensed under the Mozilla Public License (MPLv2
"LibreOffice" and "The Document Foundation" are
registered trademarks of their corresponding registered owners or are
in actual use as trademarks in one or more countries. Their respective
logos and icons are also subject to international copyright laws. Use
thereof is explained in our trademark policy